The church originated in 1934 as a mission of The Ascension, Collier Row. A separate parish, taken from The Ascension and from St. John, Romford, was formed in 1935. The church, hall, and vicarage were given by Dame Viotet Wills.1
The clock in the church tower is the war memorial for the parish.
Display a map showing the location from which this photograph was taken.
1 Victoria History of the County of Essex, volume VII, page 86.