|St. Michael & All Angels, Gidea Park, viewed from Main Road, probably sometime in the 1960s.1|
The church originated in 1929 as a mission of All Saints, Squirrels Heath. An ecclesiastical district, taken out of All Saints, was assigned in 1933. A separate parish was formed in 1938, when the permanent church was completed.2
1 Reproduced by kind permission of
Cranley Commercial Calendars.
2 Victoria History of the County of Essex, volume VII, page 86.