|Market Place, c. 1860.1|
On the left is the Laurie Hall, telescoped into its companion on the other side of Laurie Square, the St. Edward's Hall, which was pulled down in about 1865. Small gates on either side of the main toll-gate allow pedestrians in and out.2
1 Published by H. W. Rawlings, 12
2 Bygone Romford, plates 67 & 153.